Orb - Cydonia download album
The Orb. Released February 27, 2001.
Banda/Band: Cydonia Álbum/Album: Cydonia Ano/Year: 2001 Gênero/Genre: Power Metal País/Country : Itália/Italy Tracklist: 1-The King 00:00 2-Legend in Time.
Cydonia is the fifth studio album by English electronic music duo the Orb. It was released on 27 February 2001 in the United Kingdom by Island Records and in the United States by MCA Records. Members Alex Paterson and Thomas Fehlmann, along with usual collaborators Andy Hughes, Nick Burton, and Simon Phillips, wrote and produced the album for a planned 1999 release. Featured on the album are Robert Fripp, John Roome, and Fil Le Gonidec, who had previously only worked with the Orb in live performances.
Cydonia (CD, Album). Island Records, Island Records. CIDX 8100, 548 206-2. Promis- has a lot of cool sounds, and is enlightening. Ghost Dancing- let's you dance with ghosts - Turn it down- Needs to be turned up!
Front insert: 12-page stapled booklet, color print exterior and interior. Back insert: color print exterior and interior. CD: 2 spot-color print (beige, black). The Orb. Cydonia (2xCD, Album, RM). Universal UMC, Island Records, Universal UMC, Island Records. CID 8100, 548 089-2, CID8100.
Much of Cydonia (the title is a reference to a region of Mars where astronauts reportedly found evidence of ancient civilization) aligns to the slightly spacey, slightly noisy dub heard on Orblivion and 1995's Orbus Terrarum.
Unlike previous Orb albums, Cydonia featured several 'proper' songs with vocals, which critics felt did not sound similar to Orb songs. Singers Nina Walsh and Aki Omori appeared on two tracks each on Cydonia, providing vocals and co-writing lyrics with Paterson, who felt that this new direction for the Orb was more similar to the experimental work of Orbus Terrarum, rather The Orb produced two CDs worth of material for the album and eventually cut it down for the final release.
Cydonia is the fifth studio album by The Orb released on Island Records. Alex Paterson and Thomas Fehlmann, along with usual collaborators Andy Hughes, Nick Burton, and Simon Phillips; wrote and produced during 1998 Cydonia was for planned a 1999 release although as Island Records was trapped in turing limbo" due to its recent purchase by Universal Music Group, Cydonia was not released until 2001. Featured on the album are Robert Fripp, John Roome, and Fil Le Gonidec, who had previously only worked with The Orb in live performances
Cydonia - Студийный альбом от The Orb. Вышел октябрь 1999г. В альбом вошло 34 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 03:30:11. The Orb - A Mile Long Lump Of Lard. A Mile Long Lump Of Lard. The Orb - Molten Love. The Orb - Ghostdancing. The Orb - Traumvogel - Video.
2001 studio album by The Orb. Cydonia. Unlike previous Orb albums, Cydonia featured several 'proper' songs with vocals, which critics felt did not sound similar to Orb songs.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Bass – Simon Phillips Lyrics By – Omori*, Paterson*Vocals – Aki Omori
Lyrics By – Paterson*, Walsh*Vocals, Guitar – Nina Walsh
|4||Turn It Down
Bass – Nick BurtonGuitar [Electric] – Bailey Harper
Written-By – Weston*
Producer, Engineer – Simon Phillips
|7||A Mile Long Lump Of Lard||6:21|
Engineer – George HoltLyrics By – Omori*, Paterson*Producer – Thomas FehlmannVocals – Aki Omori
Engineer, Mixed By – Andy SheriffFlute, Written-By – James ClancyVocals, Producer, Arranged By – Nina Walsh
|10||Hamlet Of Kings
Producer, Engineer, Written-By – Guy Pratt
|11||1, 1, 1||0:36|
Producer – WitchmanScratches – Be-1N*Written-By – Roome*
Guitar, Written-By – Robert Fripp
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Universal Island Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Universal Island Records Ltd.
- Licensed To – MCA Records
- Distributed By – Universal Music & Video Distribution, Inc.
- Recorded At – Lab Studio, Berlin
- Recorded At – Capri Digital Studios
- Recorded At – Studioline
- Recorded At – Jacobs Studios
- Recorded At – Simon's House
- Recorded At – Back Passage
- Recorded At – Blackhole Studios, London
- Recorded At – Chiswick Reach
- Recorded At – Biocom
- Recorded At – Gunpoint
- Recorded At – Desert Heights
- Recorded At – Trident 2
- Published By – Chrysalis Music Ltd.
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – Flow Publishing
- Published By – BMG Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Universal Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Momentum Music Ltd.
- Published By – Crimson Music
- Pressed By – Matsushita Universal Media Services
- Design [Cover] – Simulate
- Engineer – Andy Hughes (tracks: 1 to 4, 7, 13)
- Management – Rob Deacon
- Mixed By – Andy Hughes (tracks: 1 to 4, 7, 13), The Orb (tracks: 1 to 5, 7, 13)
- Photography By – Judson Baker
- Producer – Alex Paterson (tracks: 6, 8 to 11), Andy Hughes (tracks: 1 to 4, 7, 13), The Orb (tracks: 1 to 5, 7, 12, 13)
- Written-By – Omori* (tracks: 1, 8), Paterson*, Hughes* (tracks: 1 to 5, 7, 13), Le Gonidec* (tracks: 5, 7), Walsh* (tracks: 3, 9), Phillips* (tracks: 4, 6), Fehlmann* (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 8, 13)
Notes1: Recorded at LAB, Berlin and Capri Digital. Contains a sample from Phan Kim Thanh "Cung Dan Dat Nouc" (Melody of the Country) from the album 'The Music Of Vietnam'.
2: Recorded at Studioline and Capri Digital. Dedicated to the memory of Bill 'Weasel' Bailey.
3: Recorded at Studioline and Jacob's Studio, Surrey.
4. Recorded at Simon's house, Studioline and Capri Digital. Contains samples from Sir Dai David and Brian Saunders "Lives In Steel".
5: Recorded at Back Passage. From the lost FFWD Sessions Tape.
6: Recorded at Blackhole Studio, South London.
7: Recorded at Jacobs Studios, Surrey, Fil's house, Studioline and Capri Digital.
8: Recorded at LAB, Berlin. Contains a sample from "Clair De Lune", performed by the CSR Orchestra, conducted by Keith Clark.
9: Recorded at Chiswick Reach and Bio-com.
10: Includes extract from "Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased)".
11: Created at Gunpoint.
12: Recorded and mixed at Desert Heights.
13: Recorded at LAB, Berlin and Trident II.
Technical info by kind permission of NASA.
- This album is dedicated to the memory of Lisa Grayley -
℗ © 2001 Universal Island Records Ltd.
Front insert: 12-page stapled booklet, color print exterior and interior.
Back insert: color print exterior and interior.
Disc tray: clear.
CD: 2 spot-color print (beige, black).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 31454 82062 2
- Barcode (String): 731454820622
- Matrix / Runout: MCAF253532 0879319125 MFG BY MATSUSHITA UNIVERSAL MEDIA SERVICES
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L771
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 2A43
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 2A21
|CIDX 8100, 548 206-2||Orb*||Cydonia (CD, Album)||Island Records, Island Records||CIDX 8100, 548 206-2||UK & Europe||2001|
|CIDX8100, CIDX 8100, 548 206-2||The Orb||Cydonia (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Island Records , Island Records , Island Records||CIDX8100, CIDX 8100, 548 206-2||2001|
|5308424, 530 842-4||The Orb||Cydonia (2xCD, Album, RM)||Universal UMC, Island Records, Universal UMC, Island Records||5308424, 530 842-4||UK||2008|
|CID 8100, 548 089-2, CID8100||Orb*||Cydonia (CD, Album, Spe)||Island Records, Island Records, Island Records||CID 8100, 548 089-2, CID8100||UK||2001|
|none||The Orb||Cydonia Version 1 (CDr, Promo)||Island Records||none||UK||1999|