Johnny Cash - Unchained download album
Unchained Unchained is the second album in Johnny Cash's American Recording series. On the album, Cash is backed by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.
Unchained (Album Version). UMG (от лица компании "American Recordings Catalog P&D"); LatinAutor, SOLAR Music Rights Management, CMRRA, BMG Rights Management, ARESA" и другие авторские общества (6).
Unchained, also known as American II: Unchained, is the second album in Johnny Cash's American Recordings series (and his 82nd overall). It was released on November 5, 1996, by American Recordings. Like all of Cash's albums for American Recordings, Unchained was produced by Rick Rubin. The album received a Grammy for Best Country Album and Cash was nominated for Best Male Country Vocal Performance for his version of "Rusty Cage".
Unchained (LP, Album, Ltd, Unofficial, Red). American Recordings (2). 200 RPM 500. Europe. Unchained (CD, Album, RE). American Recordings.
L'album, prodotto da Rick Rubin e composto prevalentemente di cover (11 su 14 brani), ha ottenuto il Grammy Award 1998 come miglior album country dell'anno.
Band Name Johnny Cash. Album Name Unchained. Data de aparición 1996. Labels American Recordings. Estilo MusicalCountry Rock. Miembros poseen este álbum12. 2. Sea of Heartbreak.
Unchained is hardly standard, though; it's more like the best album he's made since his 1984 departure from Columbia Records. Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). 1. 30. Rowboat (Album Version). Sea Of Heartbreak (Album Version).
After 1994's American Recordings revitalized Johnny Cash's career, he and producer Rick Rubin had to come up with an encore, and in some respects 1996's Unchained was the sort of album many were expecting American Recordings to be. Instead of the solo acoustic approach of American Recordings, Unchained paired Cash with a noted rock band Rubin had worked with in the past - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, whose roots-conscious style and Southern heritage would seemingly make them compatible with the Man in Black.
Unearthed (Johnny Cash album). Unearthed is a box set by Johnny Cash, released two months after his death in 2003. It was produced by Rick Rubin and released by American Recordings. The first three discs feature outtakes and alternate versions of songs recorded for American Recordings, Unchained, American III: Solitary Man and American IV: The Man Comes Around. The fourth disc, My Mother's Hymn Book features gospel songs Cash first learned from his mother as a child and was later reissued as a standalone release. Originally recorded by Kristofferson for Kristofferson (1970) Johnny Cash Received permission to record it after calling Kristofferson personally who expressed amazement that anyone remembered the song. No Earthly Good" (Cash) – 2:43. Originally recorded by Cash for The Rambler (1976).
I have been ungrateful, I've been unwise. Restless from the cradle, Now I realize, It's so hard to see the rainbow, Through glasses dark as these. Maybe I'll be able, From now on, on my knees. Oh, I know I am vain. Take this weight from me, Let my spirit be unchained. Old man swearin' at the sidewalk, I'm overcome. Seems that we've both forgotten, Forgotten to go home. Have I seen an angel? Oh, have I seen a ghost? Where's that rock of ages, When I need it most? Oh, I am weak.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Beck
|2||Sea Of Heartbreak
Written-By – Hal David, Paul Hampton
Written-By – Chris Cornell
|4||The One Rose (That' Left In My Heart)
Written-By – Del Lyon, Lani McIntire
Written-By – John R. Cash*
|6||Memories Are Made Of This
Written-By – Frank Miller, Richard Dehr, Terry Gilkyson
Written-By – Josh Haden
|8||The Kneeling Drunkard's Plea
Written-By – Anita Carter, Helen Carter , June Carter, Maybelle Carter
Written-By – Tom Petty
|10||Mean Eyed Cat
Written-By – John R. Cash*
|11||Meet Me In Heaven
Written-By – John R. Cash*
|12||I Never Picked Cotton
Written-By – Bobby George, Charles Williams*
Written-By – Jude Johnstone
|14||I've Been Everywhere
Written-By – Geoff Mack
- Copyright (c) – American Recordings
- Manufactured By – Sony Music Entertainment (Australia) Limited
- Glass Mastered At – SMEA
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – American Recordings
- Recorded At – Akademie Mathematique of Philosophical Sound Research
- Recorded At – Cowboy Arms Hotel And Recording Spa
- Recorded At – NRG Recording Services, Inc.
- Recorded At – Ocean Way Recording
- Recorded At – Sound City Studios
- Acoustic Guitar – Lindsay Buckingham* (tracks: 2)
- Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Electric Guitar, Chamberlin, Vocals – Tom Petty
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass – Marty Stuart (tracks: 1, 4, 5, 10, 11, 13, 14)
- Acoustic Guitar, Liner Notes, Vocals – Johnny Cash
- Art Direction, Design, Photography By [Inlay], Photography By [Inside] – Christine Cano
- Art Direction, Photography By [Inside] – Martyn Atkins
- Bass – Flea (tracks: 7)
- Bass, Acoustic Guitar – Howie Epstein
- Drums, Percussion – Curt Bisquera (tracks: 7, 8,), Steve Ferrone (tracks: 1 to 6, 10, 12, 14,)
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro – Mike Campbell
- Engineer [Additional] – David Ferguson
- Engineer [Assistant] – Eddie Miller, Greg Fidelman, John Ewing*, Michael Stock
- Engineer, Mixed By – Sylvia Massy
- Mastered By – Eddy Schreyer, Gene Grimaldi
- Organ [B3], Piano – Rick DePiro (tracks: 8,13)
- Percussion – Juliet Prater (tracks: 3), Mick Fleetwood (tracks: 2)
- Photography By [Front Cover], Photography By [Inside] – Andrew Earl
- Piano, Organ [B3], Organ [Vox Continental], Harmonium, Chamberlin – Benmont Tench
- Producer – Rick Rubin
NotesJewel case presentation with 16 page booklet
Silver & black faced American Recordings labelled disc
Mart Stuart appears courtesy of MCA Records Inc.
Tom Petty and The Heartbrakers, Flea and Mick Fleetwood appear courtesy of Warner Bros. Records Inc.
Lindsay Buckingham appears courtesy of Reprise Records
Recorded during 1995 and 1996
Johnny Cash would like to extend his Personal Thanks to: Lou Robin of Artist Consultants, ClementVision and Jack Clement's Cowboy Arms Hotel and Recording Spa, David Ferguson and a cat named Eugene, Tori Horowitz and Matt Polish and all the girls at The House Of Cash: Karen, Lisa and especially Kelly. To Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers for the second mile. To Marty Stuart, The Energizer. To Carl Perkins who is allways an inspiration. And to June Carter who was always there.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 9 399700 058512
- Matrix / Runout: 0113824-CK 69404 01 SMEA
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L681
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 651D
|9 43097-2||Johnny Cash||Unchained (CD, Album)||American Recordings||9 43097-2||US||1996|
|200 RPM 500||Johnny Cash||Unchained (LP, Album, Ltd, Unofficial, Red)||American Recordings||200 RPM 500||Europe||Unknown|
|88697177082||Johnny Cash||Unchained (CD, Album, RE)||American Recordings, Sony Music||88697177082||Europe||2009|
|88725 48006 2, 88725-48006-2||Johnny Cash||Unchained (CD, Album, RE)||American Recordings, ООО "CP Дистрибуция"||88725 48006 2, 88725-48006-2||Russia||2014|
|51011 2793-2||Johnny Cash||Unchained (CD, Album, RE)||American Recordings||51011 2793-2||Europe||2006|